The sweet potato is one of nature’s amazing foods. It has been cultivated for the past 10,000 years and is considered a “Super Food” (having a significantly higher nutritional value than many other foods). Here are the reasons why you should eat more sweet potatoes.
- High in fiber – their complexity takes the body longer to break down, leaving you feeling satiated for a longer period of time.
- Low in calories, particularly compared to the amount of carbohydrates per serving.
- Stabilize blood sugar level and have a low glycemic index.
- Rich in antioxidants such as beta carotene, and, as they are broken down in the digestive track, they can reduce the risks of harmful hard metals (mercury, cadmium, arsenic) present in our diet.
- They have phytonutrients that reduce inflammation.
- Excellent source of:
- Vitamin A
- Beta Carotene
- Vitamin C
- B Vitamins
- Low in:
- Saturated Fat
View original post 148 more words