• 1 avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• Juice 1⁄2 lemon (about 4 tsp)
• 2 x 180g pouches cooked tuna in water
• 4 whole-wheat pitas (each 15cm in diameter), halved and pockets opened
• 110g alfalfa sprouts
• 1 zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
• 1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced into rounds
1. Prepare Avocado Cream: in a medium bowl, add avocado, garlic and lemon juice. Mash with a fork and mix well. Set aside.
2. Divide tuna evenly among pita halves, then top with equal amounts of sprouts, zucchini and tomato. Finish by spreading 1½ tbsp Avocado Cream in each half.
3. Toast pita halves in a toaster oven for 3 minutes, until cut edges are just beginning to brown. (Alternatively, you can place pita halves on a baking sheet and bake in a 175°C oven for 8 minutes or…
View original post 41 more words