- 7 oz shrimp (Lean) (Start with 8-9 oz)
- 2 Laughing Cow Light (1 Healthy Fat) (Laughing cow should only be used on occassion since it’s not an approved healthy fat or condiment)
- 1/4 cup of water + 4 quarts for boiling shrimp
- 1/2 tsp of curry powder (1 Condiment)
- 1 tsp fish sauce (1/3 Condiment)
- 1 1/2 cup of Cauliflower (3 Greens) (Measure raw then cook and puree otherwise you get too much)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) In a pot add 4 quarts of water. Bring to boil and add shrimp. Cook shrimp till fully cooked or pink. Set aside.
2) In a medium heat pan place water and 2 Laughing cow cheese wedges, blend in well until sauce becomes creamy.
3) Add curry powder and fish sauce, mix. Then add cooked shrimp mix a little more and bring the simmer.
4) In a ziplock bag add cauliflower. Cook for 4 minutes on High.
5) Remove and puree with immersion blender or mash. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6) Plate “rice” first and curry on top ENJOY!
1-6 oz salmon fillet ( precooked)(1 lean)
1/2 cup Italian Diced Tomatoes (canned)- I added a sprinkle of basil, and pepper.(1 green) Heat to warm in the microwave.
1 cup cooked fresh green beans -I just cooked them in a zip lock in the micro for 4 min (2 green)
Place the frozen salmon fillet in the skillet on Med high heat and covered it to steam. When the 1st side was crispy and brown I flipped it over and allowed to cook till the largest section was still a little light pink. Then I cut the beans in 1/2 and cooked them for 4 minutes in a ziplock bag in the microwave. I served the green beans side by side with tomato mixture over the top! It was so simple but so good!
6 oz chunk canned chicken (shredded) 1 lean
1 tsp soy sauce (1 Condiment)
1/4 tsp minced ginger (1/2 condiment)
1 tsp sesame oil (1 Healthy Fat)
1 1/2 cucumbers (3 greens)
Mix the chicken with the seasonings. Cut the cucumber into 1-inch pieces and hollow out one side. Stuff the hollowed out end with the chicken mixture. Double or triple recipe for a great holiday tray! (This picture is 4 cucumbers) Counts as (1 Lean- 3 greens-1.5 condiments -1 Healthy fat)
6 ounces chicken (I use skinless, chicken breast, rotisserie chicken) (1 lean)
1/2 cup chopped cucumber(1 green)
2 cups lettuce leaves (2 greens)
2 Tbsp Dressing- (Less than 5 g fat and <6 carbs)= (1 healthy fat)
Mix everything together and put on top of lettuce leaves. Or use as a wrap or shred lettuce and eat as a salad. This is So much food. And is really yummy!
*May also substitute 2 T Walden Farms dressing (1 condiment) and add 8-10 sliced olives (1 HF)
5.25 oz of 98% lean ground turkey (cooked with some worcester shire sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder)
1 oz of shredded cheese (.5 mozzarella, .5 cheddar)
3/4 cup steamed green beans (cut up tiny like kernels of corn – hehe)
3/4 cup mashed cauliflower ( I used nothing but cauliflower and LC cheese)
2 wedges laughing cow cheese for healthy fat
I browned the turkey with the spices – put in bottom of mini 7″ casserole dish, then sprinkled most of the shredded cheese on top of it (reserved a little to sprinkle on top of the assembled casserole). Then layered the steamed green beans ( they were only slightly steamed and still had some crunch). Then put the mashed cauliflower on top and sprinkled with the remaining shredded cheese. Baked at 350 degrees for 20 min then 5 min under the broiler to brown that cheese on top.
Makes 1 Lean and Green (although now that I think about it I think I needed another 1/2 healthy fat – maybe some olives next time)